The Castle of Costano

The Castle of Costano

Average Reviews

Description

It stands on the banks of the Chiascio river in the middle of an alluvial plain that became fertile after the draining of the ancient Lake Umbro by the Benedictines before the year 1000.

The castle was built in its present form in the 13th century and appears today as the result of numerous alterations and rebuilding works.

It consists of a series of small houses that occupy the entire surface, together with a chapel dedicated to the Crucifix.

.Map of the castle

See also:

Church of the Crucifix

Church of San Giuseppe

Porchetta Museum

Photo

Photo

Categories

Map

Skip to content