The Civic Tower

The Civic Tower

Average Reviews

Description

The symbol of the Municipality stood out over the town, made of pink and white stone from the Subasio mountains, at a height of about 30 metres, with a bell that marked the events of the town. It was seriously damaged in the 1832 earthquake, so that two-thirds of its height had to be demolished in 1847. On the ground floor, there is access to the room that was used as a notary’s archive in 1588, as attested by the decorated architrave with the date and the notary’s emblem of an inkwell with quills.

Photo

Photo

Categories

Map

Skip to content